Worship in the Episcopal Church is based on the Book of Common Prayer, which has been used by Anglican churches since the 16th century (with periodic revisions). At the worship service on Sunday mornings you are invited to participate in “Holy Eucharist”, also known as Holy Communion or the Lord’s Supper. All baptized Christians are welcome to receive communion, regardless of their denomination. Gluten free communion wafers are available.
Upon arrival, our Sunday bulletin will be handed to you by our Ushers.
It will lead you through the service, provide hymn numbers, refer you back to the Book of Common Prayer by page number when necessary. You will also find directions to the restrooms in the bulletin.
Children are always welcome at CHT! We offer Ministry Bags with quiet activities for children to explore in the pew. (Ask an Usher if you would like one for your child.) There is also a “Quiet Corner” just inside the main door to the right with larger activities for children to enjoy.
Holy Eucharist is offered at the following times:
- Sunday Services at 8:00 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. from mid September through mid June, and 9:00 a.m. during the summer
- For the month of August Holy Trinity will worship across the river at Trinity Episcopal Church, 345 Main St., Portland at 9:00 a.m. Morning Prayer will be held at Holy Trinity at 9:00 a.m.
- Thursday Service at 12:15 p.m.
- Special Services (Christmas, Lent, Holy Week)
- Youth Service (3rd Sunday of the month) at 10:15 a.m.
Morning Prayer Services are also hosted by parishioners for patients at the Middlesex Health Care Center. Services there are held on the second Sunday of the month.
Click here for our Sermon Archive.